Become a Member
Not any one person or stock broker can become a member of a stock exchange. There are stringent rules and requirements and criteria that must be met to the full satisfaction of PNGX before recognition can be granted as a duly Approved Participating Organization and member of the PNGX Market.
The PNGX Business Rules do not allow for individual membership. Membership is only on corporate basis. In other words, only adequately capitalized firms and organizations are allowed to apply for membership of the Stock Exchange.
Generally membership requirements and criteria are contained in the PNGX Business Rules – Chapter Six. Please feel free to view our Business Rules online for full details. The requirements contained in the business rules are not exhaustive; PNGX can apply additional criteria in its full absolute discretion.
Intending Organizations can apply for membership through a formal application to PNGX.
Generally requirements for membership are;
- The size and structure of a participating organization must be that of an organization suitable to be admitted as a Participating Organization;
- Directors and Senior executives of the company must have recognized and appropriate qualification in the securities industry and have in depth experience in financial markets and or banking and finance;
- One or two company Directors or executives must apply for recognition as an Affiliate;
- Designated Trading Representatives must hold degrees in appropriate fields;
- The company must be adequately capitalized.
- Directors and Management Executives must pass the fit and proper test criteria of PNGX or the Central Bank of PNG and
- The organization must have a registered office in PNG.
To learn and know more about becoming a participating organization on the stock exchange download/view the full document of the Business Rules
Intending Organizations wishing to apply for membership on PNGX should contact the exchange on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320 1980.